All content © 2011 - 2016 Microbee Technology Pty Ltd. ‘Microbee’ and the Bee Logo device are regiistered trade marks.
Classic Plus Kit Computer
[ Preliminary information - product at prototype stage ]
Backwards compatible with the older Microbee range of computers,
running CP/M and offering a vast back-catalogue of software, this new kit
has an impressive array of features on a single board
* Z80 processor running at up to 10Mhz.
* Base of 128k Memory, expandable to 1Mbyte
* Microbee ‘Premium Series’ colour graphics.
* SDcard storage with Floppy disk emulation.
* FDD interface option with Double & High
* Full travel, mechanical switch, 64 key keyboard
* Standard Microbee Parallel & Serial ports
* Onboard efficient switching regulators.
* Single PCB - 4 layer design for better signal integrity.
* Arduino compatible slot option (via mezzanine board plugin).
* 50 Way Z80 buss expansion header
* Hybrid kit includes all through-hole parts for assembly,
and a pre-assembled SMD module.
* Supplied without a case (keeping the cost down) and sits on rubber feet,
but designed to fit in a Microbee Premium series case (if you have one already).
* Cost reduced design (when compared to the Premium Plus kit)
The pre-assembled So-Dimm module takes care of the screen
control logic, along with the SDcard operation & Floppy disk emulation.
The So-Dimm socket (and 4 other components) are surface mount
components & get soldered to the board prior to shipping, so no
need to worry about trying to solder fine pitch SMD parts.
The Arduino compatible expansion shield [option] fits to the
main board & has the GPIO driver chip & 6 channel ADC.
(yet to be prototyped).
More information will be provided, and a launch date set as
To keep up to date, follow Microbee Technology on our social media
pages [ Facebook / Twitter / Google+ ]