Discussion Forum for all things Microbee
Forum Maintenance updates - Printable Version

+- Discussion Forum for all things Microbee (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: Microbee Forum (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Information (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Forum Maintenance updates (/thread-548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - MbeeTech - 18-08-2022

I've managed to do quite a bit of testing of the site with online virtual browsers
(hosted Virtual machines that can be set up with linux / windows / MacOS and choice of browser which are used for
website compatibility testing)
After all the mods to the site yesterday I tried as many combinations
as I could, which included
linux with Firefox, Chrome & Opera
Windows 7 / 10 / 11 with Chrome, Edge, Firefox & Opera
MacOs Monterey + others with Safari, Opera
and logged in or out I can see the attached pictures and can download file attachments.

If anyone still has problems in seeing pictures attached to posts, or downloading, and you want it resolved,
it will be a case of working together via email.

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - Under4Mhz - 19-08-2022

Just to confirm, did you test with a new user without any permissions?

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - MbeeTech - 19-08-2022

(19-08-2022, 10:13 AM)Under4Mhz Wrote: Just to confirm, did you test with a new user without any permissions?

I have now, and did come up with the permissions problem while attempting to download attachments.

Permissions for ' Registered ' users were set a few different ways over the different sub-forums for some reason, 
including some where downloading attachments was disabled.

Using Firefox (strict mode) I got a ' you don't have permission ' error while attempting to download Vexed or Pitman from the 
Microbee Software and Documentation forum prior to reviewing & changing the permissions.
Since the changes, I have no problems downloading the files.

Please have a look to see if this has made a difference for you.

Do you still have problems with seeing images?

Images and downloads are working for me now. Thanks.

I can't see the number of pages in a thread in the sub-forum pages.

The total number of pages available in the forum is lower when logged in.  In Microbee Software and Documentation forum it shows 2 pages at the top left when logged in, and 4 when I'm logged out.

Good to hear that images and downloads are working for you now Under4Mhz.

From the pictures you've posted regarding the page numbers it seems rather odd.
Firstly, the font is different as well as the page number display being different.
The font should be the same regardless of logged in / out status.

I cant replicate this at the moment, and as its a relatively minor issue, I'm going to
come back to it at some later time as I've spent a couple of days working on the forum
this week (which normally I couldn't afford to do, but have been home with Covid).

Sorry, I was using different browsers, since I could keep one logged in and one logged out. I've updated the pictures to use the same browser. I agree it's a fairly minor issue.

Thanks for your hard work. It's great we can now freely download all the new Microbee software.

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - Robert - 19-08-2022

Looking now, and I can see all the images, and clicking on attached downloads works. My review was far from full-scale, so I assume I can report a problem here should I find one.

Was the Pegged thread supposed to have a download? I can't see one.

(19-08-2022, 04:50 PM)Robert Wrote: Was the Pegged thread supposed to have a download? I can't see one.

No, there isn't a download in that thread / topic.

Good to know its working for you now Robert.

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - Robert - 21-08-2022

The certificate has expired, and Firefox is telling me it's Very Dangerous to visit!

RE: Forum Maintenance updates - greybeard - 21-08-2022

(21-08-2022, 07:32 PM)Robert Wrote: The certificate has expired, and Firefox is telling me it's Very Dangerous to visit!
(with apologies to Merry Melodies)
Be vewy vewy quiet it's valid certificate season
invalid certificate season
valid certificate season
(insert firearm discharge here)........