Discussion Forum for all things Microbee
UBee512 Launcher UI - Printable Version

+- Discussion Forum for all things Microbee (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: Microbee Forum (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Microbee Software and Documentation (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: UBee512 Launcher UI (/thread-1013.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5


Update - uBee512 Launcher v1.6 - zbfairlane - 12-09-2026

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I first posted this launcher here, and thanks to the feedback and testing from people in this thread and some in depth conversations with the Ubee512 developer Ubee, it has developed quite a bit since the janky original Linux version.
I've now released version 1.6, with current builds available for:
  • Windows
  • Linux
  • Mac - Apple Silicon (ARM64)
  • Mac - Intel (x86_64)
The Intel Mac build is the latest addition. I've built and tested the launcher itself on an older Intel iMac running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I don't currently have uBee512 installed on that machine, though, so I'd particularly welcome feedback from anyone running uBee512 on an Intel Mac.
There have also been quite a few changes to the launcher since the earlier versions posted in this thread, including:
  • a new Display / Performance section
  • selectable video rendering and monitor modes
  • preset Microbee aspect ratios
  • adjustable emulated clock speeds from 1 MHz to 150 MHz
  • Turbo mode
  • improved scrolling and support for different screen sizes/display scaling
  • ROM, disk and tape scanning
  • mounting floppy images to drives A, B, C and D
  • printer output support
  • CP/M tools integration
  • improved diagnostics and various platform-specific fixes
I've also cleaned up the GitHub repository and documentation, and the current downloads are now clearly labelled by platform and version.
The project is available here:
https://github.com/gbhobbytech/Ubee512-Launcher
Thanks again to everyone who tried the earlier versions and provided feedback. If anyone gives v1.6 a try, I'd be very interested to hear how it behaves on your particular uBee512 setup... especially the new Intel Mac build.


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - ChickenMan - 13-09-2026

Thanks for the update, will give it a try.


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - langra - 14-09-2026

I'm loving this app, Anthony.  Thank you so much for developing and sharing it. 

I've been gunna get around to considering taking a look at doing something to create a ubee512 front-end for almost as long as I've been using it (20+ years?).  This is so good and feature complete that I've decided to abandon any such intentions thus freeing up some time to procrastinate on something else. 

Thanks again.
Graeme

P.S. Windows 11 is where I'm running it.


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - zbfairlane - 14-09-2026

(14-09-2026, 11:54 AM)langra Wrote: I'm loving this app, Anthony.  Thank you so much for developing and sharing it. 

I've been gunna get around to considering taking a look at doing something to create a ubee512 front-end for almost as long as I've been using it (20+ years?).  This is so good and feature complete that I've decided to abandon any such intentions thus freeing up some time to procrastinate on something else. 

Thanks again.
Graeme

P.S. Windows 11 is where I'm running it.

I am very happy to read this. Dont worry procrastination is right at the top of my to-do list as well. Infact this project was without a doubt possible only becuase I was procrastinating about doing something else.


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - zbfairlane - 06-10-2026

Hi everyone,

I’ve put together a new Windows beta of the Ubee512 Launcher and would appreciate any feedback.

The main change is the inclusion of a new appearance system that I have been working on to include Light, Dark and System modes, along with font and interface scaling. The underlying launcher functionality is intended to remain unchanged.

It’s a standalone build, so there’s nothing extra to install - just download the ZIP, extract it and run the executable.

If you try it, please let me know if you find any visual problems or anything that worked in the normal 1.6 launcher but doesn’t work in this beta.

Download to the prerelease:
https://github.com/gbhobbytech/Ubee512-Launcher/releases#release-v1.6-ui-beta1

You can still access the stable release for Windows Linux and Mac:
https://github.com/gbhobbytech/Ubee512-Launcher/releases#release-v1.6

Thanks!


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - ChickenMan - 07-10-2026

Sorry but I just about to head off to a weeks R&R, will check it in a week or so time when I'm back.


RE: UBee512 Launcher UI - zbfairlane - 07-10-2026

(07-10-2026, 09:11 AM)ChickenMan Wrote: Sorry but I just about to head off to a weeks R&R, will check it in a week or so time when I'm back.

Have a great break!