Discussion Forum for all things Microbee
Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory - Printable Version

+- Discussion Forum for all things Microbee (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: Microbee Forum (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Buzzing About (https://microbeetechnology.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory (/showthread.php?tid=330)

Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory - ChickenMan - 10-06-2021

On a recent tour of Central and Western NSW, kimjohn took the time from his vintage computing purchases to call in to the original Microbee factory at Koala Court, West Gosford and take a few photos.  Its now occupied by 8 or more different businesses.

Originally looked like

[attachment=232]

and now

[attachment=233]

[attachment=234]

[attachment=235]

RE: Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory - someone - 26-06-2021

You forgot a building!
The original Gosford factory is around the corner on the left hand side of the first photo.

The original Gosford factory building was tenanted for the S100 product days.
Later, the right building was built for microbee assembly & construction and then later, the left building was built for expansion where the service department relocated to the dungeon level (on the right corner) and Owen's office above it established above it.

When the the wind blew in from the wrong direction the entire campus stank with the unforgettably putrid smells of warm decaying blood from the Gosford abattoir. Yuck!

RE: Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory - ejwords - 06-07-2021

(26-06-2021, 06:20 PM)someone Wrote: When the the wind blew in from the wrong direction the entire campus stank with the unforgettably putrid smells of warm decaying blood from the Gosford abattoir. Yuck!

I definitely remember the smell.  On my first trip to Gosford I was met at the train station by Ian Rowatt who took me to the factory.  From the moment of stepping off the train I was wondering what the god awful smell was. I really don't know how the people lived there and put up with it.  

It was an interesting trip.  I was called up to Gosford for a week to help clear the back log of services that had been piling up.  Right behind the service dept area (headed up by Leigh Adams) was rows and rows of Gamma case parts in boxes, and M18 monitors (if I recall correctly).  I did manage to get one of the stores people to get together a full Gamma main case for me and send it to Melbourne.  I got in trouble for that..  Got an angry call from Ian Rowatt when I was back in Melbourne again, and had to send it back.   Such a pity that all those cases ended up in land fill or some such other demise.  Anyway, in the week I was there I cleared around half of the back log of services, which the people up there couldn't believe.

RE: Current pictures of Microbee Gosford factory - ejwords - 06-07-2021

(10-06-2021, 09:45 PM)ChickenMan Wrote: On a recent tour of Central and Western NSW, kimjohn took the time from his vintage computing purchases to call in to the original Microbee factory at Koala Court, West Gosford and take a few photos.

Many thanks to KimJohn for the photos.