28-09-2026, 08:07 PM
ZIP and UNZIP are common compression and extraction utilities used across all systems, these are ports for CP/M-80 from PTSource, bringing modern file archiving capabilities to vintage 8-bit platforms. Both tools support basic compression features while remaining lightweight and optimized for CP/M-80 constraints. Ideal for backing up data, transferring files, or organizing directories, ZIP and UNZIP bring practical compression to classic computing.
These are available from PTSource ( https://ko-fi.com/s/8575aa23ec ) I have put them onto both 5.25" and 3.5" Microbee disks for ease of use. I also did the same on an Excalibur 64 disk. They also have a LZW compression and uncompressing CP/80 programs which are also on the disks together with their LS Directory lister.
So the the MbeeTech Repository in the Microbee\Software\Utilities folder we placed
zip_unzip_ds40.dsk
zip_unzip_ss80.dsk
excalibur_zip_unzip.raw <-- in the Vintage\Excalibur_64\Disks folder
These are available from PTSource ( https://ko-fi.com/s/8575aa23ec ) I have put them onto both 5.25" and 3.5" Microbee disks for ease of use. I also did the same on an Excalibur 64 disk. They also have a LZW compression and uncompressing CP/80 programs which are also on the disks together with their LS Directory lister.
So the the MbeeTech Repository in the Microbee\Software\Utilities folder we placed
zip_unzip_ds40.dsk
zip_unzip_ss80.dsk
excalibur_zip_unzip.raw <-- in the Vintage\Excalibur_64\Disks folder
---------------------------
ChickenMan
ChickenMan
